9 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi

Let’s Get This Party Started

To contact us Click HERE

You’ve been so patient and have waited long enough. Let’s join Jenny and get this rocking new house party started.

new house 043

My dear friends tried to arrive at 8:30 am. They rang the doorbell and heard crickets chirping. (More on that story later.) At 9 am they finally called me on my cell and asked “When are you going to be here?”

I replied, “I am here.”

“We rang the bell.”

“Oh, yeah, the doorbell (among 500 other things) is broken. I’ll let you in.”

Julie got right to work tackling a large bathroom. It was SO good to see her. She also just moved into a new home.

(Please note the lovely pea green walls.)

new house 039

My dear friend and next door neighbor Miss Phyllis (from the old cul de sac of kindness) was in charge of removing 500 million switch plate and outlet covers. They were pretty grimy and covered with paint from previous paintbrush mishaps. Phyllis spent a couple of hours scrubbing to get them clean and shiny. 

(The mud brown walls in this bathroom were at the top of the “must go” list.)

new house 042

Miss Marty is the whirling dervish of housecleaners. I learned SO many great housekeeping tips from her.  I would love for her to do a guest post on DTA to share her secrets.

new house 038

The house had pretty much sat vacant for over two years. It took five ladies over four hours to remove all the layers of dust and grime. We worked up a big appetite. The grilled chicken and baked ziti were a hit.

new house 049

There was also Italian olives and a mixture of greens.

new house 046

I arranged several different rows of toppings so each guest could design her own salad creation.

new house 044

It took Miss Marty and I a few minutes to figure out how to turn on my new stove to bake the hot garlic bread.

new house 047

The table setting featured bright and happy paper goods.

(Don’t worry, I plan to correct the variety of window coverings with one unified look.)

new house 027

The plates were found at T J Maxx, the straws on Etsy and the limonata at Fresh and Easy.

new house 017

We all filled our plates and happily talked for over an hour.

new house 023

It was then time to say goodbye. There were of course goody boxes to thank my dear friends for all their hard work.

new house 033

Because I really couldn’t have met our moving deadlines without them.

new house 037

For those of you who sent loving thoughts and well wishes from far away…

5832077959_36376bb736_b-001

…I am sharing the graphics I created for the party if you decide to host your own bucket brigade.

sleeping

My friend Jenny dressed in her Rosie the Riveter ensemble (image shown at the very top) won the cutest apron contest. Her prize? A box full of Mrs. Meyers cleaning products.

new house 028-001

She also received a darling vintage apron. Here is the graphic for you.

apron 2

Up next, car wash window covering and narrowly escaping a black widow.

Laura

I have temporarily turned off the comments while I am in the midst of unpacking. I hope you understand. You can always leave a message on the DTA Facebook page.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder