31 Aralık 2012 Pazartesi

Fresh and New

To contact us Click HERE
I can’t wait to hang up my new calendar.

The old calendar hangs on the side of the refrigerator almost literally by a thread. Its worn pages were reinforced by staples and duct tape probably mid way thru the past year.
It is an eyesore. I shall be glad to be rid of it.
Reality tells me that it is actually the year I cannot wait to put behind me.
Truthfully, I feel like that old calendar. I know deep down that turning a page will not erase the life that was lived this past year.
I think about lessons learned. Painful. Hard. But I also think about wisdom gained. Joy. Love. 
It’s my choice what I carry into this new year.
Heartache or Happiness.
I visualize in my mind a well worn plastic platter that is lopsided, stained and has a hole smack dab in the center where heat has melted it clean through.

It is piled high with all the garbage that I have encountered, collected or had dumped on me this past year.
081019unknown.jpg
I present this ugly platter to Him.
He takes it.
In return He offers me a priceless and beautiful silver tray on which I can carry only truly lovely things.

It’s my choice.
I know what I am choosing to carry into the New Year, what about you? Laura

“Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” ~ Isaiah 46:4

UPDATE

So many of you sent emails/left FB comments on last week’s “Faith and Christmas Miracles” post.

Sweet Boy proclaimed that it was the BEST Christmas ever!

I have to agree.

parisian party hats 064

Comments are turned off in observance of the Sabbath.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder