27 Aralık 2012 Perşembe

‘Twas the Night Before Graduation…

To contact us Click HERE

Today I am expecting houseguests. They are here to attend the Fashionista’s college graduation which is tomorrow morning. (Sniff! Boo Hoo! Where did time go?)

I’ve readied the guestroom.

tree 081

The guest room is at the very end of a long hall. As you enter the room you can see the cross stitch that Grandma Ingalls sewed as a young girl.

tree 025

To the immediate left are pictures of places we have been and a sweet little boys silhouette.

tree 022

For me the bed is the most important element in a good guest room. Although the ballerina painting my mother, Karen, did at age 13 is also a treasure.

tree 042

I am a firm believer in sleeping in your own guest room from time to time.  I want to make sure my guests have a pleasant experience. 

tree 041

I’ll admit it, I am a linen snob. I like crisp cotton sheets. Monograms make it all the better. Great Grandma’s quilt peeks through the luscious lace.

tree 008

This is topped by a white cotton Matelassé cover, the lavender floral and checked bedding is Pine Cone Hill I found on Ebay and the pillowcases were embroidered by Grandma Jingles.

tree 037

It was a joint effort as my great grandma Becker (Grandma Jingles’ mother) crocheted the edges.

tree 015

To the left of the bed are the shelves Mr. Décor built. There is a working alarm clock and other treasures.

If you have a wee one don’t worry, they can sleep in the same wicker bassinet that Grandma Mary, mother Karen, myself and my children all slept in.

tree 045

I like Grandma Jingles’ tiny tea set that tops books given to me by Mr. Décor’s mother.

tree 048

There is a small antique Harvey girl figurine cousin Sweet T gave me after we rode a Harvey train to the Grand Canyon.

tree 051

At the foot of the bed is generally a place to put your luggage.

tree 062

But I moved it next to the chair to bring in a bit of Christmas cheer.

tree 067

Santa always remembers to fill the guests stockings.

tree 071

If you need a seat, have one.

tree 063

The lamp on the side table received a bit of pearlized garland for the holiday. The crystal base shines on its own the whole year through. My bedside carafe broke so one of Grandma Mary’s violet teacups will have to suffice. Fresh flowers are always a sweet touch don’t you think?

tree 078

It’s also nice to provide a bit of reading material.

tree 029

These elegant ladies long ago once topped silk pin cushions. You’ll have to come stay to see what surprise is hiding under the center lady’s pink skirt.  

tree 033

There is an attached guest bathroom as well.

tree 087

I’ve left out a few necessities one might need.

tree 089

Fresh towels are so nice after a hot bubble bath.

house 252

I couldn’t resist adding a bit of bling to the painting above.

house 245

Of course as darkness falls a good nightlight is always appreciated.

tree 097

I’ve shared this German schwibbogen before, but it deserves a second look.

tree 096

“But I heard her exclaim ere she typed out of sight, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!”

Laura

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder