9 Kasım 2012 Cuma

Carmelized Butternut Squash

To contact us Click HERE
One of you wonderful readers sent me a link to Ina Garten's recipe for this Caramelized Butternut Squash. My family totally LOVED this recipe! Even my non-squash lovers even ate a good portion (one piece for however old they were...my son was upset he just turned 11 ;) The thing I loved that was different about this recipe is the shape of the squash. I have roasted the squash in half before, but there was something about having the bite sized pieces that I loved and that gave the squash a better texture. The caramelized and crisp edges also gave the squash a better texture than just baby food like mush. The combination of the sweet and saltiness also left my taste buds completely satisfied. I pretty much ate an entire plate of this squash for dinner and loved every bite! If you have squash left (I am sure this recipe would work great with acorn or banana squash), this recipe is definitely worth the extra effort!


Caramelized Butternut Squash
1 butternut squash
3 T. butter, melted
2-3 T. brown sugar
1/2-3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut off and discard the ends of each butternut squash. Peel the squash, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2-inch cubes and place them on a baking sheet. Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. With clean hands, toss all the ingredients together and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize. While roasting, turn the squash a few times with a spatula, to be sure it browns evenly. Taste for seasonings and serve hot.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder