9 Kasım 2012 Cuma

Mormon Bloggers

To contact us Click HERE

(Painting The Lord is My Shepherd by Simon Dewey--one of my favorites!)
Over the past four years I have really enjoyed blogging and getting to know many of you as, what I consider, close friends. I have shared many aspects of my life; cooking, recipes, family traditions, memories, favorite foods, cooking tips, food storage information and much more! There is one thing I have not talked much about and that is my religion and beliefs. I don't keep it a secret that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I just feel that people's faith and beliefs are something special, and something I hold dear. It wasn't until a fellow friend and blogger, Mariel, approached me and asked me to share my thoughts about my religion that I decided it was time I share a few of my feelings and the blessings that have come to my life because of what I believe.

As many of you know, Mormon Bloggers are everywhere! I don't only follow Mormon Bloggers on purpose, but it is funny how several of my favorite blogs to follow are from Mormon women, much like myself. I am in awe at all women (and men) who choose to share their talents with others, and I am thankful for everything I have learned from so many talented people. I feel blogging has been a blessing to many people and inspired us to think outside the box, stretch ourselves, work towards goals and try and be better people & mothers. On my blog I hope I have shared some ways that I have done to help make my home and family a better place..whether it's through the food we love to cook, or through family traditions, there are many aspects to my life that I love sharing with each of you.

So, don't worry, I am not going to try and convert you to my religion, I would like to just share a few of my thoughts and feelings with you, along with almost 40 other well known Mormon bloggers and friends of mine. One of the aspects of my religion that is important to me is the Book of Mormon. From the time I was little my family woke up early and studied the scriptures, the Bible, as well as the Book of Mormon. I have always had a deep love and appreciation for them. My life would not be the same without the principles and guidance I get from the scriptures. They truly are my life-line to a loving Heavenly Father. The Book of Mormon is an additional scripture and a companion to the Bible. To me, they were both received through direct revelation from God. The Bible speaks of Jesus Christ's life before he came to earth and while He was on earth. The Book of Mormon is a record of the people who lived on the American continent during Christ's ministry and prior to his death. These scriptures have taught me about Christ's life, and have helped me feel a closeness to Him, as well as to God, that I feel I couldn't get from any other book.
Now, for the fun part! I am excited to be able to share this special book with anyone interested in receiving it. It is my gift to you and I will ship a copy of The Book of Mormon to you along with a packet of the thoughts and feelings from 40 other Mormon bloggers, including my own. You will receive your copy free of charge and I will ship them out to you at the end of the month. If you are interested, please email me at Shandra@dealstomeals.com with your address and any thoughts, questions or comments you may have. If you would like to read a list of all of the Mormon Bloggers who have added their thoughts to this packet, please visit Mariel's blog here.

Thank you so much for allowing me to share a little more about my personal beliefs and a part of my life that I hold sacred and dear. I am so thankful for each of you and for your support of me and this blog! I consider each of you a great, and loyal friend.

I can't wait to hear from you--email me anytime!

Shandra

P.S. Due to the nature of this post, please keep your comments upbeat and kind. We are lucky to live in a free country where we are able to share our feelings and thoughts, whether or not we all agree, so let's please encourage one another and help each other along this journey of life ;)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder