20 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba

Coca Cola Chocolate Cake

To contact us Click HERE
A friend told me about this cake and said it was sure to fulfill my deep, dark chocolate craving.  It didn't disappoint!  Every now and then I love the flavor of dark chocolate.  I usually turn to my favorite Dark Chocolate Cookie recipe that I love so much, but this new cake recipe will now be on my chocolate craving list.  I don't drink pop, unless it's rootbeer with pizza, but the Coke in this recipe made for one of the most moist chocolate cakes I have ever had.  I have added rootbeer to my chocolate cake before and it was delicious, but not quite as delicious as this version was ;)  The marshmallows in the recipe also make for an additional moist component that  kept this cake ooey and gooey.  Serve this hot cake with vanilla ice cream and you have a decadent cake that seems like it would take more effort than it really does.  Enjoy! Cocoa Cola Cake
1 box devils food cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 c. sour cream
1 stick melted butter
1 1/4 c. Coca Cola Soda Pop
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
1 t. vanilla
Frosting: 
6 T. butter, softened
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar
5 T. Coca Cola Soda
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 9x13 pan. Combine cake mix with the eggs, sour cream, butter & soda pop.  Mix until smooth then fold in the marshmallows.  Pour cake batter in the pan.  Bake for 25-29 minutes or until center is done.  While cake is cooking, make the frosting by placing the butter and cocoa powder  into a medium sized sauce pan.  Cook these items on medium heat until the cocoa powder is smooth.  Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir vigorously until the powdered sugar is dissolved and the frosting is smooth.  You may need a little more soda pop to get the frosting to the desired consistency.  You want this frosting a little soft, not totally stiff.  Once the cake comes out of the oven, spread the frosting all over the warm cake.  Let the cake sit for a few minutes and then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder