21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe

Village Baker Chicken Salad Sandwiches

To contact us Click HERE
My brother and sister in law come in to town every couple months and have got me hooked on a new sandwich from our favorite sandwich shop (Village Baker). There is only one near my home and it takes over 30 minutes to get there, so we don't get there too often. I always get their amazing Turkey Provolone, but decided to try their Chicken Salad. I was pleasantly surprised!! I make homemade chicken salad all the time, but their recipe had so much flavor, herbs and the BEST texture I have ever had in a chicken sandwich. He begged me to recreate their recipe, and I think we are pretty close. There are a few spices and ingredients, but don't be scared. The combination of flavors is totally worth the extra effort of adding a few extra spices. The other part of this recipe I love is the chicken texture. I always cubed my chicken in my chicken salad but the pieces of chicken tended to be too large and not enough sauce per chicken ratio. Putting the chicken into the food processor for a few turns made this salad a fabulous texture! Chicken salad sandwiches are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, or for a picnic in the mountains. No matter when you serve these sandwiches they are sure to be a hit!
Chicken Salad Sandwiches 
(Makes 10 c. of salad, 1/2 if you need less)
8 c. of cooked and cubed chicken (I used the grilled chicken from my freezer that had been seasoned with a little Montreal Steak Seasoning--the grilled flavor added an extra layer of flavor which I loved!)
2 1/2 c. mayonnaise (I only use Best Food's Regular--don't skimp with lowfat or cheap mayo..it's not worth it)
Mix the chicken and mayo together in a large bowl. Place 3/4 of the chicken mixture into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until the chicken is broken down a little (I kept a little in the bowl with the larger chunks for texture purposes).
To the chicken & mayo mixture add:
1 c. green onions, sliced
In the food processor add 1 c. celery and 1/2 white onion and chop until small pieces. Add the celery and onion to the chicken. To the chicken and the following:
1/2 t. dried dill
1 t. basil
2 T. coarse ground mustard
1 t. white vinegar
1 1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
Dash cayenne pepper
1/2 t. paprika
2 t. dried parsley (I am sure fresh would be even better)
1/2 c. sour cream (enough to make the chicken as moist as you want it)
*If you like a sweet with your chicken salad add some grapes and diced apples

Sandwich bread
Provolone cheese, sliced
Tomatoes, sliced
Lettuce leaves, torn

Mix the mixture together until well combined. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.  Serve on sandwich bread with provolone cheese, sliced tomatoes and lettuce leaves.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder