14 Haziran 2012 Perşembe

Mexican Crescent Squares & Black Bean Avocado Salsa

To contact us Click HERE

A few years ago my dear friend brought me this dinner. I'm sure it was after I had just had a baby or something, but this many years later I still remember REALLY enjoying it. It is a spin off the classic Chicken Crescents or Chicken Pillows as some call them. I tracked down the recipe from a random blog online, where I guess it did make it's appearance in a darling cook book. But I have to admit I simply took the recipe and literally spiced it up a little!

Mexican Crescent Squares and Black Bean Avocado SalsaRecipe Adapted from: Gathering Place 2 c. cooked and shredded chicken (I use the cooked chicken from my freezer)1/4 c. red peppers, diced small8 oz. cream cheese1/2 t. cuminDash cayenne pepperSalt & pepper to taste1 t. lime juice1 can diced green chiles1/4 c. green onions, chopped1/2 t. chili powder1/2 c. butter, softened 1 c. seasoned breadcrumbs 2 (8 oz.) crescent or biscuit roll doughIn a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, green chilies, green onions, chili powder, red peppers and cumin. Add the shredded chicken and combine. Preheat teh oven to 350 degrees. Separate crescent rolls to form 8 rectangles, pressing seams together. Place 1/2 c. of chicken mixture in the middle of each rectangle and roll up ends. Seal edges. Dip each square in melted butter and then roll in crushed breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 350. Garnish with the Black Bean Avocado Salsa.
Black Bean Avocado Salsa1 ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and diced6 roma tomatoes, chopped2 t. fresh lime juice1/2 c. frozen corn, thawed1 can black beans, drained1 can black eyed peas, drained (or just use more black beans)2/3 c. cilantro, chopped2/3 c. green onions, sliced1 can green chiliesSalt and pepper to taste1/2 c. Italian dressingTortilla Chips (serve extras with chips on the side)Combine all of the salsa ingredients together and let marinate while the crescent squares are cooking. Serve along side the crescents.Posted by Picasa

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder