13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

Chick Pea Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Sun Dried Tomatoes

To contact us Click HERE
There was a time when I refused to eat any beans at all. But as I got older, and wanted to add some variety into our diets, I slowly started to introduce them into our meals. I guess they're right when they say your taste buds change every so many years because now, I LOVE them! If eaten alone, yes, they can taste a little bland, but add some of my favorite Mediterranean flavors like artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes and fresh lemon juice and you have a zesty, new salad that can be eaten alone or served as a side  dish. This salad was delicious and very filling. I ate it for lunch for several days and the longer it sat, the more lemony it became. 


Chick Pea Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Sun Dried Tomatoes
1-15oz. Can Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans), rinsed
3 Whole Artichoke Hearts, chopped
10 Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lemon, zest and juice
1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 5-1/2 cup servings. 


*Nutritional Information: Calories 122, Carbs 19g, Fat 4g, Protein 5g
Enjoy!
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into MyFitnessPal and may not be 100% accurate.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder