30 Mayıs 2012 Çarşamba

The Good Samaritan

To contact us Click HERE

A quick recap of our housing situation is this:

Homes in Phoenix, AZ are on the market for mere hours unless there is something really, really wrong with it. We are not opposed to working hard on a fixer upper in a good neighborhood. It does not have to be a castle.

The prices are so good that the investors have returned with a vengeance.

We were hopeful on one house but lost out.

There are currently 8 houses in our MRLS portal. We have seen them all.

Insert Panic Here.

I am a type A personality. (Big shocking reveal I know!)  I like to plan and have my ducks in a row. On Tuesday I had a flat out panic attack. Sweaty, heart beating out of my chest, etc. I was thinking about being homeless and that this is the last week of school for Sweet Boy and the Fashionista leaves in 3 weeks for her summer internship at a fashion house in California and she needs a car and did I mention in a few weeks I will be homeless?

Bring on the hyperventilating.

Generally I punch out the panic with prayer. My go to books are Proverbs and the Psalms. They are filled with promises of protection and provision.

So, yesterday my neighbor shows up with a beautiful boy on my doorstep. She had rescued him from a sad situation and thought “I know who will take him.”

Now, don’t look into his eyes….

Oh, it’s too late you already did, didn’t you?

Frankie

So I sent Mr. Décor his picture and said “This dog is homeless and yes, I know that technically in about 30 days we will be too. We both know that God has a sense of humor and His own sense of timing. But what if this is sort of like Jesus dressed in a dog suit asking to trust in Him that He will provide?”

Mr. Décor is fair and pragmatic. Even when his wife is clearly off her rocker

 

He said, “I will see you tonight and meet the dog then.”

By now two children had gotten wind of the situation and were giving me “the look”. You know the one:

Frankie

So it played out like this:

Mr. Décor came home. New guy barked once and immediately sat when Mr. D said “Sit.”

Mr. D. sat down and the new guy laid next to him. After a minute or so he laid his paw on Mr. D’s arm tentatively asking “Father may I?” The new guy gingerly climb onto Mr. D’s lap. One minute more and a kiss was bestowed.

I had fed and loved the little charlatan all afternoon and had not received such adoration. It was clear he knew where his bread was buttered.

Mr. Décor had to leave for cub scouts and said he would “Think about it.”

Later that night I came upon him looking at the internet. “Did I ever show you the guy that our Rudi is named for?” He asked.

Rudolf  “Rudi”  Völler, a fabulous German soccer player.

Now you must remember two things.

Mr. Décor was born and raised in Panama and loves soccer.

We lived in Germany and dachshunds were originally bred in Germany.

So then Mr. Décor shows me another soccer player that he likes.

Franz Beckenbauer, another fabulous German soccer player.

I’m thinking “Wait, what? Dog names. NO! You’re the pragmatic one. Tell me we cannot keep this dog.”

DTA readers I would like to introduce to you

Franz Gunn

Franz 001 

He is a beautiful standard black and tan dachshund. He is so long that Sweet Boy says he is a stretch limo.

He is polite and well mannered unlike a miniature red shorthair we all know and love.

Franz 007

How did this happen? Please, someone, anyone give me one good reason….oh wait I already had one.

Laura

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder