23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

A Garden of Autumnal Splendor

It’s that time of year again ~all my favorite blogs start showcasing their fall finds and I turn orange with envy. It hard to envision fall when the temperature is still 100 degrees plus here in Phoenix. 

vegas 082

Thankfully I just got back from attending my cousin Sarah’s wedding in Las Vegas. We arrived a day early and since I am not a gambler I headed to one of my favorite spots, The Bellagio Conservatory.

vegas 020

Every season talented gardeners and florists create a magical wonderland. I was so lucky to arrive on the day the “Fall Harvest” display made its debut.

vegas 034

Upon entering the conservatory there is a covered bridge similar to what you would find on a Vermont country road.

vegas 088-001

The flora and fauna is absolutely incredible and the attention to detail is astounding.

vegas 022

Gorgeous plants, flowers and trees in autumnal hues are thoughtfully arranged to inspire full splendor.

vegas 036

Here is a close up of the pumpkin made of orange carnations. You could create something similar on a smaller scale for a lovely centerpiece.

vegas 038

The water feature for the Fall display is amazing.

vegas 067

It even has a running watermill.

vegas 087

It was so realistic I almost expected to see fish swimming in the pond.

vegas 041

The “talking” tree made me smile.

vegas 042

He was surrounded by lovely cornucopia's.

vegas 053

The cornucopias appeared to be made from twigs or grapevine that was manipulated into a cone shape wired together and then filled with oversized faux fruits and vegetables. If you recreated something similar it would make for a stunning lawn display.

vegas 049

Overhead large scaled leaves captured the light. While they had the appearance of stained glass I believe that they were created from a lightweight resin material.

vegas 062

Large pinecones also hung from clear fishing line. It was a breathtaking effect.

vegas 025

I adored this display that featured a wine press and several large wooden crates. For a split second I thought about my portable potager. :)

vegas 060

Of course every autumnal display needs a scarecrow. This happy fellow made my heart smile.

The free exhibit is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The Fall Harvest display goes through November 24th. The Winter Holiday display will begin on December 2 and runs through January 5, 2013.

vegas 071

Come back for Favorite Pin Friday ~ I am going to reveal my buffet!

Laura

camera1-001

Linking to:

Southern Hospitality, SSS, Stonegable, The Charm of Home, Common Ground, The 36th Avenue, The Shabby Nest, Tatertots and Jello, Positively Splendid, SNS, Between Naps On The Porch

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder