25 Eylül 2012 Salı

How to make spaghetti sauce in the crock pot or slow cooker: Easy delicious tried and true recipe

To contact us Click HERE
My homemade spaghetti sauce made in the crock pot

I admit it, I love pasta. It's not always good for me, all those carbs, but I enjoy a nice pasta dinner with my half Italian hubby at least once a week. I'm working on reducing the bad carbs by using whole wheat pasta, or making my own "pasta" with zucchini. The one thing I won't compromise on is sauce, or gravy, as we call it. I insist on having a delicious, homemade sauce on "spaghetti night".

I'm half Italian, well....half Italian, half Sicilian. I grew up with a grandmother (Nonna) and great-grandmother (Nonni) who made sauce all the time. I think there was a pot of gravy simmering on the stove very day. Neither my Nonna nor my Nonni worked, so they had the time to watch that pot of sauce all day long. Every day sauce had no meat in it, but Sunday gravy might have some, and Christmas gravy always did.

Over the years I have developed a delicious "every day" sauce that I make in the crock pot. It does have to be stirred a few times, so I usually set it up and cook it on low overnight, stirring it a few times before going to bed and then again in the morning and again later in the day. This recipe makes about 6 quarts of sauce, which I cool and package up either in good quality freezer bags or I can (check out Ball.com for information on how to can spaghetti sauce).

I hope you enjoy this recipe, which has been carefully perfected over many years, as much as my family does. Until next time, I remain Frugally Yours!
Rachael Monaco
My homemade crock pot spaghetti sauce
Delicious pasta with homemade spaghetti sauce!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder