23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Painted Provençal Buffet ~FFP #9

Welcome to Favorite Pin Friday! Several of you have asked if you could use your own creations that have been pinned. Of course! Today I am featuring my most recent pin that I myself made.
Have I teased you long enough about the recent buffet/server makeover?
kitchen 149-001
The server was a typical 1970’s piece featuring dark and dated wood. I found the heavy Thomasville buffet at a thrift store for a great price. The dimensions were perfect for use as an island in my tiny kitchen.
Here is the “BEFORE” shot:
camera 052
Are you ready for the “AFTER”?
kitchen 121
The original hardware was polished up just a bit and reinstalled. Both Mr. Décor and myself really like it.
kitchen 142

As I said on Monday I opted not to distress the piece. Given that it only has a dark wax finish distressing will come naturally over time.

kitchen 125
I adore how the wax settled into all the nooks and crannies of the wood. It provided the time transport I was seeking ~ 1970 became 1870.

kitchen 147-001
There are plans for the back of the piece.
kitchen 158
Here’s a bit of inspirational bliss of what I have in mind:
A lovely way to hang towels.
You’ll also soon see what has been placed in the open areas.
kitchen 160
I'll give you a hint.
cookbook buffet 013
There were a few readers that were not in favor of me painting the piece and wanted it to stay like this:
camera 049
I wonder if they have changed their minds?
I can’t tell you how HAPPY I am that I went with my instinct to paint the piece. It really lightens up the dark kitchen so much!

kitchen 116
For the step by step process, color inspiration and all products used you can read this post.
What have you transformed lately? Laura I can’t wait to see what all you pin up gals and guys will feature this week!


Keep in mind that you can simply participate in the linky party just by entering a direct link to an image you have pinned to your Pinterest boards. This is wonderful for those who may not have a blog but DO have a Pinterest site. I provided instructions on how to link a Pinterest image HERE.

camera1-001

Linking to:

The Charm of Home, Common Ground, French Country Cottage, StoneGable, Between Naps On The Porch, Today’s Creative Blog, Someday Crafts, SSS, Shabby Nest, Tatertots and Jello, Positively Splendid, The 36th Avenue, SNS, A Stroll Thru Life

 

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder