29 Eylül 2012 Cumartesi

BBQ Chipotle Chicken Sandwich

To contact us Click HERE
It was my bi weekly shopping trip today and I had a great time stocking up and getting some amazing deals! My favorite deals was on the Best Foods Mayo that happened to have an additional $1 off coupon on the top of the lid. This made them less than $2 a jar, which was a fabulous deal since they were normally $3.98. The fruit snacks were also a killer deal at .99 a box. I got all of the other items I needed for my 2 week meal plan which made for two carts full of groceries for less than $175!

Now, generally I always just go off of the meal planner from our website, but this week I wanted to try something new and make ALL new recipes for the next week or two.  There are so many tried & true favorite recipes that I tend to like to stick to many of those. However, I was craving some new flavors and combinations.


As I try these new 7 recipes I will make sure and share my favorites with you and include them in the future meal planners. This recipe for these BBQ Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches were so good I am still dreaming about them five hours later! Lunch leftovers tomorrow can't come fast enough.

How many of you love the Food Network show The Sandwich King? I LOVE sandwiches, so this show speaks to me. As soon as I saw this recipe I knew it would be good, but I have to admit I was not prepared for how much we all loved it! I had family over who also ate it and we all couldn't stop ooing and awing at the fun new flavors! The chipotle BBQ sauce made for an awesome new twist on the traditional, boring BBQ chicken sandwich.  The pickled red onions however were probably my favorite part of this dish! They were so crispy, so flavorful, so vinegary and totally amazing on these sandwiches.  Add to that a toasted, buttery bun and this White Southwestern Sauce and you have perfection my friends!!!
*I know this recipe seems long and intimidating, but don't let it fool you! It actually came together in less than an hour and all of the different components were WELL worth the effort.  If you have frozen, shredded chicken in your freezer, that could even make this recipe more quick to prepare. I can't wait to hear how you like it!?!


BBQ Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches with Pickled Red OnionsRecipe adapted from The Sandwich King 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breastsSalt & pepper (or Montreal Seasoning), to season chickenOlive oil, to drizzle in pan6-8 Texas Toast, large rolls or crescent rolls (I found these boilio rolls from Walmart that were awesome!)In a large skillet, drizzle some olive oil. and heat the pan to medium heat. Place the chicken breasts into the pan and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Place the chicken into a 9x13 pan, preheat the oven 350, and let them sit while you make the BBQ sauce.Chipotle BBQ Sauce2 c. ketchup1/3 c. molasses1/3 c. apple cider vinegar2 T. Dijon mustard2 T. worcestershire sauce1 t. hot pepper sauce (I used Frank's Hot Sauce)1/4 t. black pepper1 clove garlic, minced1/4 c. minced onion (I used dried for time sake, but you could mince fresh)1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (not the whole can, just one pepper)1-2 T. adobo sauce (from the can), depending on spice desired Add the ketchup, molasses, vinegar,  mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, garlic, onions, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce together in a saucepot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes to combine the flavors. Remove from the heat and pour 1 c. of the sauce over the chicken. Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and can shred easily. While the chicken is cooking, make the pickled onions and the white sauce.Pickled Red Onions3/4 c. red wine vinegar2 T. sugar1/2 t. saltRed pepper flakes1 large red onion, peeled, halved and sliced into circles1 T. chopped fresh parsleyPlace the above ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Remove from microwave, stir and place in the fridge until ready to serve (let sit at least 30 minutes).Southern White Sauce1 c. mayonnaise (good quality not low fat)1/4 c. apple cider vinegar1 T. lemon juiceSalt and pepper to tasteCombine all together and set aside.Once the chicken is almost done, split your rolls in half, lightly butter and place on a cookie sheet. Once chicken is removed, broil the buns a few seconds, until lightly golden brown.Remove the chicken from the extra juices, shred and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining BBQ sauce to the chicken. Place a good portion of chicken on to the crispy bottom bun. Place some of the pickled red onions onto the sandwich, a few dill pickles and cover in the Southern White Sauce. Place the top bun on the sandwich and serve.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder