23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

I have a book

I can't speak. My throat hurts so much that I couldn't sleep last night. At two in the morning I had to get up and go eat a popsicle. Lollipops are all over the house. Soup is the go-to meal. Four pounds have slid off and now so are my jeans. You know how when people are texting as they're walking they walk slower? That's how slow I have to walk, because it's so hard to breathe.

After lunch today I caved in, called Doug's office and asked when the next available appointment is. September 26th. I told the woman I would just go to a walk-in clinic instead.

Her: For what?
Me: I think I have strep throat and bronchitis.
Her: Do you have a book?
Me: ... what?
Her: You can come in tomorrow when we open and we'll squeeze you in when somebody with an appointment is late or doesn't show.
Me: Will I definitely get seen?
Her: If you're in the reception area, you'll get seen. It just may take a while. Bring a book.
Me: Okay.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder