1 Ekim 2012 Pazartesi

Along Came A Spider…

To contact us Click HERE

Thank you so very much for your kind comments about yesterday’s fantle” ~ faux fall mantle. As promised here is the easy peasy tutorial on how to create your own spooktacular web.

spider 005-001

I opened my boxes of fall décor on Saturday and was once again reminded that all of our holiday décor was in traditional harvest colors.  I was ready for something new but had no budget. So I spent the weekend painting, primping and giving all of the interior accessories a soft neutral palette.

Afterwards I thumbed through the most recent issue of Country Living looking for a bit of inspiration. I really loved the “Arsenic and Old Lace feature”.

I was inspired since I have an entire trunk filled with vintage and antique handiwork. Now while I didn’t have any old frames lying around I did have a handmade gift that was enjoyed all through the 90’s. (If you’re a certain age you probably had “country décor” too. :) I always thought that the shape of this embroidery hoop was…eerie. So I disassembled the wall hanging and spray painted the hoop black.

fantel 002

I rustled through my doily stash and found an small oval dresser scarf that fit almost perfectly.  The lace was sandwiched between the two rings and tightened down. I propped it up against the wall and it was almost immediately proclaimed by Sweet Boy to be “awesome”. Which was quickly followed with “It needs a spider.” Which it DID! I dug around and found an old plastic spider ring and it wasn’t quite… right. I went to Michaels for some other supplies and found two glitter spiders on sale for a little over a dollar. The bonus was that their underbelly’s featured a wee spring clothespin that I easily clipped on to the lace.

fantel 038

Glitter makes everything better.

spider 005-002

I thought that a grouping of “wall webs” would be fun. While I was at the craft store I did price embroidery hoops and the large specimens were around $15.00. Holy golden webs Spiderman! So I cruised by Goodwill and found an empty hoop for $1.00 and I will be on the lookout for a few more.

spider 011

Until then, one is fun.

Laura

Linking to:

Today’s Creative Blog, Someday Crafts, SSS, Shabby Nest, Tatertots and Jello, Positively Splendid, The 36th Avenue, SNS, Thrifty Décor Chick

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder