3 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

How Do You Like My Fantel? ~ A Faux Fall Mantel

To contact us Click HERE

Every holiday I see gorgeous mantles done up for the season and it makes me long for a fireplace. But honestly, we don’t really need one here in Phoenix.

fantel 064-002

A few weeks ago I came across a lovely image of a shelf decorated for fall and I read a phrase that was new to me ~ “fantel” ~ a faux mantel. Where have I been? This word concoction has been in use for over a year! I liked it so much I thought I would make it my own. So I searched my house and thought that the shelf in the center of our entertainment center could use an autumnal transformation.

fantel 034

I had decided that I wanted a neutral holiday palette this Halloween so I shopped the manor for all things white, crème and black.

fantel 041

First things first, the orange pumpkins I had on hand received a paint transformation with two coats of Folkart acrylic craft paint in white, champagne and crème.

fantel 014

I began decorating from left to right. The birdcage was placed first and joined by an escaped snowy owl. I then added in my newly painted pumpkins, a mercury votive and a bit of bittersweet.

fantel 074

In the center I placed a spooktacular web. (You can view the easy tutorial HERE.)

fantel 067-001

The left side was finished with a pair of antique ebony candlesticks, more pumpkins and a mantel clock forever stilled at the stroke of midnight.

fantel 064-001

It was deemed “cool” by the kiddos. Hubby was just thankful that the display didn’t impair his television viewing. :)

fantel 041-001

Do you have a mantel or will you be creating a fantel?

Laura

Linking to:

Centsational Girl, The Charm of Home, Common Ground, French Country Cottage, StoneGable, Between Naps On The Porch, Today’s Creative Blog, Someday Crafts, SSS, Shabby Nest, Tatertots and Jello, Positively Splendid, The 36th Avenue, SNS, A Stroll Thru Life

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder