10 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

Creating Storage Versus Decorating the Tops of Cabinets

To contact us Click HERE

I have a love hate relationship with kitchen and laundry room cabinets that are not built all the way to the ceiling. On one hand I think about the great storage space possibility that in essence was not used to its full advantage ~ wasted space.

But there are ways to incorporate clean storage ideas into an area by using such things as willow baskets. Chalkboard tags can provide a clue as to what’s inside with just one glance. Very smart!

On the other hand the open area above cabinets can also provide a really great canvas to decorate and showcase collections. I adore this grouping of silver which was featured in House Beautiful.

Decorating Above Kitchen Cabinets ~ Our Suburban Cottage

Simple ironstone pitchers create a dramatic presence when displayed together.

Many individuals prefer to remove the doors off of their kitchen cabinets and focus on dishes and décor to line the shelves.

Others remove their cabinets completely and bring in antique hutches.

For those that need only limited storage space they can choose to surround themselves with lovely artwork.

Some people prefer to have open shelving.

While I myself love the open shelving look, I’m not sure if it would be maintained by all the family members in my home.

Even if you have very little wall space there are ways to incorporate storage and display such as this shelf built above a trio of windows.

A few of you mentioned you have small galley styled kitchens. This antique luggage rack inspired shelving really helps to open up the space yet still provide much needed storage.

Recently I was on the Pier One website. They showcased the same upper cabinet space and decorated it in a variety of ways.

A nautical theme is always fresh and fun. 

Decorating Above Kitchen Cabinets

The addition of wallpaper and brightly colored accessories can change the look of a space completely.

Decorating Above Kitchen Cabinets

By selecting objects that appeal to your design style you can make the space completely your own.

For decorating above kitchen cabinets!

This says romantic country cottage to me.

Decorating above the cabinets

But perhaps you like a more global or eclectic look.

Ideas for Decorating Above Kitchen Cabinets ǀ Pier 1 Imports

In my dream home I would have cabinets that reach all the way to the ceiling, but for now I am content to work with what I have.

Glorious in Gray  A fireclay sink and granite backsplash complement this kitchen. The glass-fronted cabinets help brighten the room    Read more: Kitchen Designs - Pictures of Kitchen Designs and Decorating Ideas - Country Living

Currently armed with a small stepladder and a hammer I am working away on decorating our upper kitchen cabinets. I’ll share what I am creating on Wednesday.

How do you decorate your kitchen?

Laura

summer-001

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder