11 Kasım 2012 Pazar

A Stress Free Season ~ Rub a Dub Dub and Favorite Beauty Products

To contact us Click HERE

After the kitchen, the bathroom is second on the list to to get seasonally tackled in my home. Most guests will need to use the facilities at some point and a sparkling clean powder room is most appreciated.

By doing a deep clean in the beginning of November I can get by with a weekly wipe down during the busy season. Again the cleaning is done top to bottom. Everything is scrubbed.

Even though this toothbrush holder was bought just 3 month ago for Sweet Boy’s bathroom the bottom had a layer of ewwww.

The quickest way to get your bath accessories clean is to place them (empty) on the top rack of the dishwasher.

blazer 024

After everything is squeaky clean we fill the containers up to max ~ cotton balls, cotton swabs, and soap dispensers.

blazer 026

I run my vinyl shower curtain liner, bath mats and “show” towels through the washing machine. Even if they are clean, if they’ve sat for awhile, they may be dusty or musty.

I also check my guest towels to make sure they are in good repair. No holes, etc.

bathroom 001 

Extra supplies are stored under the sink. This includes special bathroom light bulbs and cleansers. I am a fan of environmentally friendly products including Mrs. Meyers and Method because they make videos that crack me up.

Don’t forget to stock up on tissue and toilet paper. If you have guests you’ll need more than you normally use. Because no one wants to discover this on Christmas eve.

Also take the time to go through the medicine cabinet. I discovered I was completely out of children’s cold medicine and fever reducer. Given that my children usually get sick sometime during the holidays and the symptoms always seem to arise in the middle of the night this was truly a stressful crisis averted!

“The Sick Child” ~ Eugène Carrière, 1885

I also took the time to finally organize my vanity because a lot of the content had ended up on TOP of the vanity instead of in it.

house 047

I found a bamboo organizer at Wal Mart for $9. I added a scented drawer liner because I think it is pretty and smells good.

house 059

Several tubes and bottles of old yuck were tossed. Sing with me… “ I feel pretty!”

house 064

I made note of what I was running low on and added it to my “must buy” list.

kitchen 128

In terms of razors, soap and toothpaste I buy whatever is on sale and match it with a coupon.

But there are certain things I am really brand loyal and no one paid me to write this.

Here in the desert there is always a fight against dry, flaky skin. My face is very, very sensitive but oily. I wash with cetaphil cleanser (not shown) and exfoliate with Dermalogica daily exfoliant. If I need moisturizer I use Dermalogica sheer moisture. I DO NOT buy these products at salons. The price is ridiculous. Ulta carries it and there are always great coupons in the Sunday paper. Another source ~ Ebay. Yep. I buy from sellers who have a 100% satisfaction rating and know I can trust.

I have used Nivea crème on my hands and feet for years. Whenever I do get a manicure or pedicure the technician always mentions how nice my cuticles are, etc. This stuff is good. I discovered it in Europe first, but now it can be purchased at any drugstore. It is around $4.50. Use a coupon. 

Cover Girl perfect point pencil in espresso ~ LOVE! Cover Girl lash exact in very black ~ LOVE! Very inexpensive and I often find buy one, get one deals. Did you know that you can still use 2 coupons? So normally I pay around $5 for both. (The cheekers blush is great too.)

Mac eye shadow is my favorite. It has great pigment and coverage. Even though I have oily eyelids the color stays put all day and does not crease. The container of base color I use every day lasts for over 9 months. For that it is worth the $15 price tag. Mac is sold in better department stores and online. Right now Mac is offering free shipping through December. (I also like their lipstick and lipglass.)

During the holidays I wear more silk, satin and velvet. Like many other people I attend stressful social events and also have been known to tear up the dance floor with Mr. Décor at his holiday work parties. But I never break a sweat. Certain Dri is applied at night. I only have to use it about once a week. When I do, because of my sensitive skin, my underarms feel like they’re on fire for about 3 minutes. Totally worth it. As my mom used to say “The pains to be beautiful.” :) I find it on sale at Walgreens for about $5. One bottle lasted me 2 years. No joke.

You are not seeing a repeat.

While I am at the store I buy triple the amount of soap, razors, toothpaste, and shampoo.

One set is for my cabinet and the other two sets are for holiday donations to the women’s shelter. Giving is good! 

kitchen 128

What are your favorite products?

Laura

thanksgiving-001

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder