12 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Day 31 ~ Whooo Loves An Inexpensive Halloween Tablescape and Treats?

To contact us Click HERE

Happy Halloween from Décor To Abore!

halloween 016-002

Our family of four celebrated a day early as the Fashionista has to work on Halloween night. What a fright! I have to say we actually had a lot of fun with our feast. More so than when we are normally scrambling to get out the door to go trick or treating.

halloween 019

I began by topping the table with a very old and tattered tablecloth I have had for many years. I knew I wanted to include this snowy owl in the vignette. I’ll be stalking Michaels the day after to see if I can find a few more on clearance for next year.

halloween 029

The aptly titled spider mums, carnations and purple status came in a large bouquet I found at Fresh and Easy for $7 which I just separated.

halloween 025

I used old crocks as watering vessels including the so apropos mini size of “bloater paste”. Ewwwwww!

 

halloween 029-001

Old flower frogs were repurposed as pedestals and vintage jello molds became votives.

halloween 034

It looks like it will be a frighteningly fun feast!

halloween 054

The old crystal goblets were filled with “Grapestein” or “Bubbling Cauldron” also from Fresh and Easy – $1.99 a six pack.

halloween 064

Each place setting had a pumpkin candy pouch I made HERE. The plates rested on lacy black scrapbook paper that reminded me of spider webs.

halloween 052

It probably would have been more creepy to eat with our hands, but I tucked old silverware into tiny bags decorated with jack o’ lantern smiles.

halloween 048

Now for the spooktacular treats to eat!

Care for some terrifying teeth?

halloween 011-002

I can’t tell you where I got them….

halloween 027-001

But the “lips” remain fresher longer after a quick dip in orange juice.

halloween 010

How about a bowl of bloody good soup?

halloween 021-001

My little monsters had fun creating “Cousin It wiches” and a one eyed, one horned tasty bite.

halloween 009

Some crunchy witch fingers round out the meal.

halloween 025-001

Of course we needed a bit of dessert. While I can bake with the best of them, sometimes store bought can be bliss too.

Mr. Décor and I nibbled on maple leaf cookies. I found them at the Dollar Store. Add a cup of cauldron boiled tea for extra happiness.

flowers 009

Next up, Sweet Boy’s favorite:Trader Joe’s Halloween Joe Joe’s cookies. A 16 oz box is just $2.99. Bonus - each cookie has a different jack o’ lantern face.

flowers 014

For those of you who don’t have a dollar store, Fresh and Easy or Trader Joe’s ~ go ahead and put the Fashionista’s favorite in your cart. They are sold at most supermarkets.

At the end of the evening, as I was cleaning up, I received a horrendous fright! I went to grab a plate of encrusted cheese and there was a…..

halloween 030-002

Have a thriller, diller night!

Laura

You can find my Halloween playlist HERE.

Linking to:

Rose Vignettes

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder