15 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

Acorn Elves

To contact us Click HERE

Every year I create a handcrafted ornament or Christmas decoration for my kids.

elves 018-001

In addition I make a limited edition for my etsy shop. While this year is no exception, there is twist. I am calling this years ornament “Elves for Ceekay”.

elves 036-003

This is my good friend Ceekay (with my doxie Rudi). She writes the blog “Thinkin of Home”.

Ceekay is currently in the hospital fighting a very bad reaction to her most recent chemotherapy session.

SONY DSC

Ceekay and I met through blogging. We routinely get together with our other sweet blogging buddies. Our most recent lunch was held a few days before Halloween.

Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life - Jamie @ Mimi's Corner - CK @ Thinkin' of Home – Me - Cindy @ Applestone Cottage - Linda @ Reminisce

Oh boy can we talk, laugh, and most importantly share one another’s burdens. My friend Ceekay is many things: cheerful, crafty, smart, kind and sadly she has been determinedly battling ovarian cancer for as long as I have known her. But she never lets her illness define her.

At this luncheon Ceekay said she wished that there was a Make A Wish foundation for adults. Its her heartfelt desire to take her small family to Disneyland. As you know medical care is expensive. So while a visit to the happiest place on earth may seem like such a small thing, I know that her budget does not allow for such things.

I wish I personally knew Bill Gates, but I don’t. However I am crafty and I know blogland.

Together we can make this happen.

In my etsy shop you will find 15 small acorn elves for $10.00 each.

elves 006

22 large acorn elves for $15.00 each

elves 038

and 6 pink themed elves for $20.00 each.

elves 029-001

100% of ALL the profits will go to Ceekay’s dream.

The elves are all hand painted and hand crafted by me.

No two are alike.

Ceekay’s family is made up of her husband, her son, her daughter, son in law and two grand children. If all 43 elves sell this will be a good start.

But I’ll need some help to make her wish completely come true.

You can spread the word by posting this button on your blog.

elves 036-004

If you yourself have an etsy shop and would like to donate a portion of your sales please let me know and I will promote it here on the Décor To Adore blog, DTA facebook page and DTA twitter site.

elves 036-003

You can visit the elves HERE.

Laura

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder