11 Kasım 2012 Pazar

When It’s A Sad Season ~ There is Hope, There is Help.

To contact us Click HERE

My phone rang and identified the caller. I knew instantly that something was amiss. This person wouldn’t call at this time of day… unless….I braced myself.

My instincts honed over 36 years of friendship proved right. Her sister in law had taken her own life.

I was instantly saddened and began to weep. For her. For others unknown to me.

An empty hollowness settled deep within me.  I didn’t really know this woman. I didn’t know the depth of her despair.

But I have been close.

Life is hard. All of us have experienced days filled with pain and anguish, either for ourselves or our families. I have been brought to my knees on more than one occasion. Weeping. Begging. Asking God “Why?”

So what has kept me going?

 Jesus Christ Carrying

Faith.

On Christ alone.

Because He promised.

More than once, He promised.

"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

“Just as I was with Moses, I will be with you. No one will be able to stop you all your life. I will not abandon you. I will never leave you.” ~  Joshua 1:5

“For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” ~ Isaiah 41:13

We are a society that loves instant gratification.

There were days I spent in endless prayer. Pouring myself out like a river.

But God’s plan doesn’t always involve instant gratification.

Truth be told, it can seem like an eternity waiting.

My family’s situation didn’t turn out as I had hoped. As I prayed for months.

But we are ok.

There are still unanswered questions. They may never be answered in my lifetime.

But I am ok.

I have learned that life here on earth is only temporary.

Literally there are days you may just need to say “I just need to make it through today.”

…and again…

“God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to Him.”  ~ 1 Peter 5:7

But the holidays can be HARD.

If you feel overwhelmed there are people who love and care about you.

For teens:

Your Life, Your Voice

Boys Town National Hotline at 1-800-448-3000 (both girls and boys may call).

For Veterans

1-800-273-8255, press 1

For everyone:

DBSA

National Hotline

1-800-273-TALK

1-800-784-2433

He cares for you and so do I.

Laura

Although I generally turn the comments OFF in observance of the Sabbath I would like to leave it open for individuals who need help. You can also send me a private message through Facebook.

Similar Posts

My Testimony

When God Gives Us More Than We Can Handle

This post was written in memory of Teri and many countless others.

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder