11 Kasım 2012 Pazar

Eyes On The Prize

To contact us Click HERE
It has begun. Thanksgiving is now just 18 days away. Just typing that elevated my blood pressure.
Chanukah is somewhat early this year beginning on December 8th.
Christmas and Kwanza are nipping right at the heels.
I am a planner. Over the years I have begun to treat the holidays like a covert military operation. I have come up with several sanity saving tips so that I can have somewhat of a stress free holiday season.
thanksgiving

Because there is nothing that will steal my Fa La La faster than…
Trying to set a table at the last possible moment and finding a ripped, wrinkled or stained tablecloth.


Last minute guests and nothing to eat.


All the good gifts are gone or just too expensive.

Receiving an invitation to a great party in the mail…on the day it happens… but we can’t go because his suit is at the cleaners or my eyebrows have gone awry.

So yes, over the next few weeks I will be sharing my tips and tricks for a less stressful season.
But more importantly, I need to remember, in all the hustle and bustle, “What really is my end goal?” All military operations have one. An eye on the prize so to speak.
Sure, I don’t want to burn the house down trying to get Thanksgiving dinner on the table. But am I going to make sure to remember to experience moments where I am just thankful?

Will I become so consumed with to do’s that I become Ebeneza Scrooge?

For truly I so desperately want to keep what is my reason for the season alive in my heart.

“Adoration of the Shepherds” ~ Charles Le Brun
Over the next few weeks I look forward to hearing all your holiday tips and tricks as I share mine. We can laugh together and  roll with the punches (because they will happen~ they’ve already begun in my home). We can remind each another to take moments to breath and be CONTENT and THANKFUL.  
Help one another find our own Peace On Earth.

“Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. 5 For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.” Psalm 100: 4~5 Laura The comments have been turned OFF in observance of the Sabbath. You can leave a prayer request HERE.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder