25 Kasım 2012 Pazar

God Doesn’t Need Our Good Works…..What?

To contact us Click HERE
It’s no secret that I am in church on most Sundays. Recently our pastor has been talking about Martin Luther ~the priest, professor of theology and an important figure in the Protestant Reformation.



I am still thinking about a quote he shared last Sunday:
“God doesn’t need our good works, but our neighbor does.”  ~ Martin Luther
At first this concept was a bit shocking to me. But then I thought about it. Every good thing, I believe, does come from God. He is the Alpha and the Omega. So therefore He doesn’t really NEED anything.
But yes, our neighbors surely do. Particularly in this day and age. There seems to be hurt everywhere.
It can quickly become overwhelming.
“Orphans” ~ Thomas Kennington, 1885 
I have to tell you a secret. It is very rare that I window shop. When I shop I generally have a purpose.
A few years ago I dreaded asking the question “What would you like for Christmas?” I dreaded the reply “Oh I don’t care” even more.   Nothing steals my Christmas joy faster than wandering aimlessly around a mall.
“Homeless” ~ Thomas Kennington, 1890
But a  few years ago I took my power back.
As a family we selected a charity of choice and if we received the above reply then a monetary gift was made on behalf of our loved one or friend. The response has been, for the most part, really enthusiastic. There comes a time in our lives where really, many of us, truly don’t NEED anything.
But so many others do.
“The Pinch of Poverty”  Thomas Kennington, 1891
This year Mr. Décor and I have selected a very special charity.
Hope Unlimited Their motto is “Saving One Child at a Time”
I like that. It’s personal.

In a nutshell it is an organization that helps DESPERATE orphans in Brazil. YOU personally change the world of a child in mortal need. Not a child who is "just" living in poverty ... but a child whose very life is at grave risk unless circumstances change quickly.
It is possible to wrap up a gift of hope.

It’s true, one person can make a difference. Laura Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans
and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” ~ James 1:27
Hope Unlimited

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder