13 Kasım 2012 Salı

Day 26 ~ Paper Pumpkin Candy Pouches from the Dollar Store

To contact us Click HERE

Today I am headed out to lunch with some of my blogging friends ~ Linda, Marty, Ceekay, Mimi and Cindy.

These girls are my heart and I always like to bring a small token of affection to show how much I appreciate their friendship.

pumpkin 036

I had seen some darling pumpkin pouches on Organize & Decorate Everything and gave the idea a try. Using orange pumpkin doilies from the dollar store and green bakers twine I had on hand (Martha Stewart ~ Michaels) the doily pumpkins were SO cute.

pumpkin 026

Sweet Boy needed treats for an upcoming school party, I wanted to pass out something cute to neighborhood children I know as well as a church function we are attending this evening. That made for a paper pumpkin count of about 100. While the doily pumpkins were adorable, the hand stitching meant I could only create between 15 ~ 20 pumpkins an hour. Hmmm. Could I create something a bit faster?

pumpkin 034

I had also picked up this pumpkin garland at the dollar store for another idea I had in mind.

pumpkin 002

I quickly surmised I could easily cut along the folds and then shape the pumpkin a bit.

pumpkin 003

Then I took two pieces and made sure the stems faced the same direction.

pumpkin 007

Placing one on top of the other I quickly zig zagged stitched the pumpkin together leaving a 1 –2 inch gap at the top near the stem.

pumpkin 008

Each pumpkin took literally 5 seconds to sew. I had fun playing around with various stitches.

pumpkin 010

Then I made two holes with a hole punch going through both pumpkin layers.

pumpkin 021

If you wanted to personalize the pumpkins it is best to do so before they are filled.

pumpkin 019

Spoon in your favorite hard candy mix. (Nuts are too oily.) Feed a few handfuls into your mouth as well. :)

pumpkin 017

String raffia or the ribbon of your choice through the punched holes and tie the pumpkin closed. Spooktacular!

pumpkin 038-001

I can’t wait to pass out these sweet treats!

pumpkin 050

Who will you say “boo” to?

Laura

dta chair-002_thumb

Linking to:

The Charm of Home, Common Ground, StoneGable, Between Naps On The Porch, Today’s Creative Blog, Someday Crafts, SSS,Shabby Nest, Tatertots and Jello, Positively Splendid, The 36th Avenue, Jennifer Rizzo, Craftberry Bush

© 2012 Decor To Adore Laura Ingalls Gunn All Rights Reserved

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder