20 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

A New Slipcover For My Office Chair

To contact us Click HERE

For the past two months I have been desperate to find time to make a slipcover for my office chair. It finally happened last week.

box 080-001

The new linen upholstery had sadly not worn very well and several holes had developed on the edge of the seat.

box 095

Now knowing better I selected an antique French linen/cotton dishtowel from my collection to use as the seat fabric. This I know will absolutely wear well! I love the checkerboard pattern.

box 094

I did not use a pattern. I just sort of laid out the towel and cut. I arranged it so that the striped edges were angled on the corners.

box 082

It’s not perfect. But it seems to suit the old chair.

box 086

The ruffle and ties are made from a lighter weight linen.

box 084

The back was tricky to configure but it ended up being my favorite detail. This is good since this is what you see the most of.

box 087

A sweet seat indeed!

box 089

Happy Monday!

Laura

Linking to:

Funky Junk, Common Ground, StoneGable, Tatertots and Jello, Positively Splendid,The 36th Avenue,Jennifer Rizzo, BNOTP, Someday Crafts, French Country Cottage

Savvy Southern Style

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder