25 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

“Let My Love Open The Door” Valentine Wreath

To contact us Click HERE

As the month of January draws to a close, complete with overcast skies and dreary weather, I found myself wanting a bit of happiness and color. I set out to create a happy and welcoming entry for Valentine’s Day.

vday 008

I first looked to see what I had on hand: a bit of open weave burlap I bought on clearance last fall, Christmas clearance red  ribbon and a wire wreath form.  It was a start.

vday 012

I began constructing the wreath in the same way I shared in this tutorial:

wreath 066

I thought maybe threading the ribbon through the burlap would be cute. (Holy time waster!) It wasn’t quite right. So I tried adding in some other red and white ribbon.  I only got half way through when I decided it was an epic fail.

“When everything feels all over
When everybody seems unkind
I'll give you a four-leaf clover
Take all the worry out of your mind"

v day 002-001

So I pulled everything apart. Sometimes creativity happens that way. But you can’t give up. You might need a little Pete Townsend to bring back the spark.

By adding in some red burlap ~ suddenly ~ everything worked!

“Release yourself from misery
There's only one thing gonna set you free
That's burlap
That's burlap”

vday 018
In the meantime I had gotten down the small bin of Valentine décor and found some old wooden hearts I have had for years.

vday 011

They came complete with a key and begged to be tied on with a big burlap bow.

“I have the only key to your heart
I can stop you falling apart
Try today you'll find this way
Come on and give me a chance to say”

vday 020

Oh the front entry was singing now!

“Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
To your heart”

vday 008

Sometimes it takes an epic fail before you find true love,

Laura

I hope you’ll join me on Thursday, February 14th!

Saint_Valentines_Day_Candy_Valentine_s_Day_013165_ (1)-001

Linking to:

Kelly’s Korner, Bargain Hunting W/Laurie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder