14 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

The Key To My Heart

To contact us Click HERE

I used to have keys scattered all over my house.

key 004

Now they are all in one safe place hanging in my laundry/utility room.

key 002

Way back in September I found this gem at Goodwill. It was stained, chipped….well, a complete mess.

cookbook buffet 022-003

After I peeled off all the decoration and sanded it down it received two coats of Annie Sloan white chalk paint.

It stayed in this state for months. (As ever I am a go getter. :)

vegas 001

I wanted a bit of decoration on the front panel and I thought about stenciling on a vintage image but everything I found was horizontal and I needed vertical. Don’t you just hate that?

 

 

This image came closer to what I was thinking. But for some reason the box remained as is.

Then last week I was digging through my Valentine stash and found some plain wooden hearts I had purchased at Joann’s last year. Hmmmm.

I was also in the midst of going through some French treasures that I was ready to part with. (I will soon be leaving for Paris to work on Rêve  and am hoping to bring home a few new French treasures ~ so room must be made. :) As I was placing a small stack of antique French skeleton keys in the “sell” pile I had another light bulb moment. Two of the keys were removed from the “sell” pile.

key 006-001

The wooden hearts were painted white. Vintage pearls were then attached with craft glue. The keys were hot glued on so that they can easily be popped off in the future.

key 007

This is SO much better than keys scattered everywhere.

(My apologies for the bad lighting, the utility room has no natural light and bad overhead lighting.)

key 012

Yes, this wee cupboard indeed holds the key to my heart.

key 013

You can find a key to your heart in my Etsy shop.

Laura

I hope you’ll join me on Thursday, February 14th

Saint_Valentines_Day_Candy_Valentine_s_Day_013165_ (1)-001

Linking to:

 Funky Junk, Common Ground, StoneGable, Tatertots and Jello, Positively Splendid,The 36th Avenue,Jennifer Rizzo, BNOTP,  ASTL, Someday Crafts, French Country Cottage, Bargain Hunting With Laurie

Savvy Southern Style

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder