25 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

The Climb

To contact us Click HERE

Yesterday was a gorgeous Arizona spring day~ clear and in the 70’s. It was also the 30th Annual Climb For Cancer on South Mountain.

Back in early January we asked if there was anyone we could climb for. We received several names.

misc 012

Two weeks ago I learned that my very, very good friend Marci has cancer. She is 38.

You met her last year in the post “A Rose Amongst the Thorns”.

easter 037

So the walk was made for Marci and many others.

All names were printed on a piece a paper and tucked into the water pack.

Ceekay ~ Ovarian Cancer

Marcie Cooper~ Breast Cancer

Nonie

David Olson

Ann’s friend Alice

Emma ~ she just turned 13 and lives in Australia.

Mike Hottle ~throat cancer and leukemia

Jill Sullivan~ throat cancer

Mike Keyes ~ brain tumor

Ginger~ breast cancer

Munkh Erdene (Munhuush) from Mongolia ~brain tumor

Ruth~ breast cancer

Susan Smith ~ melanoma

Blake, 18, ~ Burkitt's lymphoma

Julie is a wife and mother of 5 children~ colon cancer.

In memory

My cousin Sweet T’s good friend Louise Feole~ ovarian cancer

Tracy Evans ~ a classmate of mine who lost her battle with breast cancer

My dear friend Tracy’s MIL Barbara Epperson

Karen Ingalls my mother

Roy Ingalls my grandfather

Janice Ray my aunt

With each step, a prayer for a cure.

As many longtime readers may know, in the past I have closed my Sunday posts to comments in personal observance of the Sabbath. Recently I was approved for BlogHer advertising. (Praise Jesus) One requirement they have is that all posts must remain open to comments. I ask for your understanding that I personally still choose not to get on my computer on Sunday’s.

Perhaps in lieu of a comment, you can leave a prayer or praise of thanksgiving (a blessing you’ve experienced).

Laura

“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,” ~ Colossians 2:6

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder